Most of these are pretty self-explantory except for the third photo - these are little cat-sized creatures called Quokkas that live on Rottnest Island. The island actually gets its name from these - the first Europeans to sail past the island mistakenly thought they were giant rats, hence 'Rottnest' or 'Rats Nest' in Dutch.
Sunday, 11 April 2010
Wildlife!
I traveled around Australia last month for two weeks. It wasn't as long as I would've liked, but I was determined to see as much of it as humanly possible. I started in Perth, from there I went on to Ayers Rock and Alice Springs, then Cairns and the Barrier Reef before finishing up in Sydney. I was only in each place for a few days, and everytime I landed at my next stop I was in a new time zone! I somehow managed to take lots of pictures along the way. I was especially fascinated by the wide array of bizarre wildlife Australia has!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment