Tuesday, 22 May 2007
Character sketch warm up
So I've been thinking about making attempts to improve my life drawings skills for a while now, so I figured; what better time! I've wanted to be able to catch the 'essence' of peoples personalities with a few simple lines for many many years. So I took some pictures of my friends and went to work. See if you can guess who's who! Ha! I've got a long way to go, but it's the starting that's important. You can also chart my progress through the night on this one sheet; the drawings go from appalling to a bit better as I warm up, then back to crappy as I get tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, there's me in my cap and sunnies! Which one of the guys at the top is Lee? The one of neil is rather good too!
This whole blog thing is not looking too shabby, Mr Blakemore.
They are in fact all Lee, in various iterations. Glad you like the 'blog thing'. Help keep me sane!
Hey looking good! very expressive...i can see what their feeling/thinking, i handed in a load of "expressions" drawing stuff at the begining of my major project, its the hardest thing in life drawing in my opinion. keep posting!
Post a Comment